Comprehensive Care for Children and Young Adults with Tumors of the Bone and Soft Tissues
The Sarcoma Program at Cincinnati Children’s is a national leader in providing advanced therapies for children with tumors of the bone and soft tissues. Led by Joseph Pressey, MD, a pediatric oncologist, and Joel Sorger, MD, an orthopaedic surgeon, our team of pediatric and young adult cancer specialists cares for a large number of sarcoma patients, which means they have deep knowledge and experience in treating this challenging type of cancer.
Some of our patients have newly diagnosed sarcomas, while others come to Cincinnati Children’s seeking novel therapies for recurrent, rare or treatment-resistant sarcomas. Our team treats all forms of sarcoma, with patients ranging in age from infancy well into young adulthood. Learn more about the conditions we treat.
The Sarcoma Program offers:
- State-of-the-art, personalized care for children and young adults with sarcoma from a dedicated and experienced team
- Access to research studies that are only available at a select number of institutions
- Innovative surgical procedures that preserve limbs, function and quality of life
- Radiation therapy including proton beam therapy, one of the most precise and advanced forms of radiation therapy available in the world today
- Extensive support for children and families, with services such as pain management, hospital school, child life and our long-term cancer survivorship program