What is the Metabolic Bone Clinic?
The Metabolic Bone Clinic is a comprehensive clinic specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with skeletal health disorders. This includes a variety of abnormalities affecting calcium, phosphorus and Vitamin D metabolism, including disorders causing both high and low bone density, rickets of all kinds, recurrent fractures, bowlegs, McCune Albright syndrome and osteoporosis. We provide outpatient infusion of bisphosphonates for treatment of osteoporosis and serve as a regional referral center for patients with hypophosphatemic rickets.
Our ultimate goal is to provide ongoing, compassionate care for your child, promoting their health and well-being and preventing the consequences of bone disease including deformity, pain, growth delay, fractures or other bone-related disabilities.
What doctor will I see in this clinic?
- Peggy Stenger, pediatric endocrinologist and certified clinical densitometrist
What other healthcare providers might I see in this clinic?
- Carla Kohrs, RN-clinic coordinator
- Pediatric Endocrinology fellow
- Pediatric resident
What other types of specialty doctors might I expect to help in my care?
What might be done to evaluate my condition?
- DXA (dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry)
- Blood or urine tests
- Bone scan
How do I refer a patient to Metabolic Bone Clinic?
- Call 513-636-3200 and request an appointment in Metabolic Bone Clinic.
- If unable to schedule a timely appointment, call Lisa Coster at 513-636-0669. She will work with Peggy Stenger to assure prompt service.