The Division of Neurology offers a wide range of specialized services for children with specific neurological conditions and their families. Experts from various specialties collaborate to develop a care plan for each child.
Each specialty program also has a clinical research component. Patients and families are invited to participate in our research, on a voluntary basis, to help advance knowledge about their children’s diseases.
Learn more about our services:
- Comprehensive Epilepsy Program: This program provides therapies that help reduce the frequency of patient seizures, and our specialists work with patients and their families to help them better manage seizures that do occur. The program includes a New Onset Seizure Clinic to address the needs of children with new onset seizures and an Epilepsy Surgery Program for patients with intractable epilepsy.
- Headache Center: We offer the largest pediatric headache center in the United States. Our multidisciplinary team treats a wide range of headache pathologies.
- Comprehensive Neuromuscular Center: This clinic offers a multidisciplinary treatment approach for patients diagnosed with neuromuscular disorders.
- Movement Disorder Clinics / Tourette Syndrome Clinic: These clinics treat children with ataxias, chorea (including Sydenham’s chorea), drug-induced movement disorders, dystonias, paroxysmal dyskinesias, psychogenic movement disorders, tremor, Tourette syndrome and other tic disorders.
- Tuberous Sclerosis Program: Our clinic provides care for the unique needs of patients with suspected and diagnosed tuberous sclerosis.
- Neuro-Oncology Program: Our specialists work with cancer treatment experts to care for patients with cancers affecting the nervous system.
- Concussion Clinic: Patients 10 years of age and older who have suffered concussions may be referred to this clinic for injury analysis and treatment.
- Inflammatory Brain Disorders Clinic: This clinic cares for patients with multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating / inflammatory diseases.
- Ketogenic Diet Clinic: This clinic provides care for patients on ketogenic diets.
- Neonatal Follow-up Clinic: This clinic serves the various care needs of patients with pre-, peri- or neonatal neurological disorders.
- Neurometabolic Program: This clinic provides specialized care for patients with neurometabolic disorders, and advances the care and treatment of children with these disorders.
- Neuropsychological Evaluation: Our multidisciplinary team assesses the effect of diagnosed or suspected neurological diseases or developmental disorders on children’s cognition and behavior. We help referring physicians identify, diagnose and plan to treat neurological disorders.
- Sleep Clinic: We provide services to diagnose, assess and care for patients with sleep problems and neurological diseases.
- Stroke Follow-Up Clinic: We provide care for patients who have a history of stroke.